[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1703: _print(stream) as an object special function

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Fri Jan 17 04:36:41 CET 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1703&from=L21haW4-

Comment #6 by Brian G:

I understand your thoughts on this, from a simpler point of view its nice to contain text representation within your object.

Write really does not lend it's self to a simple interface for complex object assembly, in cases where the output to another system or process is in fact text
it's a very nice way to do that.

LOL I have used the << notation a lot in c++, to the point of implementing a TCP/IP stack using mostly that notation.. L.O.L   Oh! Boy! Yes I do Understand!

But if possible It would be a useful addition, thank you for taking the time to really think about this!