[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1648: Native way to get more data from a field in any database engine

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Mon Sep 9 22:52:37 CEST 2019

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1648&from=L21haW4-

Martín BELMONTE reported a new bug.

Summary
-------

Native way to get more data from a field in any database engine

Type             : Request
Priority         : Medium
Gambas version   : Master
Product          : Database component

Description

Hi.
I made a function (see attached file) that created a list of properties of a field, and in addition to the traditional type, unique, table, name (as it was with sqlite) I had also managed to extract the foreign key references, that is the table reference and the key field in that table.
But the problem occurs at the same instant that use other database engine.
So to know which table / field some fields point to, is there not a native form in Gambas? or is possible implement it.
I have tried to gettemplate too but this does not throw the information from relational tables either.
Another option could be to obtain the creation statement from the mysql postgres database and others? to make similar functions to which I attached.
Regards.

System information