[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1659: Excessive white space in MenuButton

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Mon Oct 7 02:20:21 CEST 2019

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1659&from=L21haW4-

James JORDAN reported a new bug.

Summary
-------

Excessive white space in MenuButton

Type             : Bug
Priority         : Low
Gambas version   : Master
Product          : Language

Description
-----------

As of 3.14.90 the white space in MenuButtons has increased dramatically when set to AutoResize, or text is truncated when AutoResize is False.  I use a standardized set of MenuButtons in most programs I write and the text in all those programs' MenuButtons is now truncated.

I have modified the gb.form source code on my system as follows:

gb.form/Button/MenuButton.class
-Line 464 X = DS
+Line 464 X = DS \ 2
- Line 465  W = Me.W - DS * 2
+ Line 465 W = Me.W - DS \ 2

This works reasonably well for me but not sure how, or if, it would affect a right-left system.

Thanks for such a great language and programming environment!

System information

Arch Linux

components used:
gb.form