[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1526: Add .Dir property to Dialog (gb.qt4 & gb.form.dialog) for access to FileChooser.Dir property

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Sat Feb 9 20:48:51 CET 2019

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1526&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by T. Lee DAVIDSON:

Because it does not work for that like the documentation indicates that it should.

So, either the Wiki is wrong, the code is not designed to behave that way, or there's a bug.

Looking at the code, I don't see how it could be a bug. And, I have to assume that the author of that documentation had reason to believe that it should behave that way. But it does not.

' Gambas class file

Public Sub Button1_Click()

  Dialog.Path = User.Home &/ "Documents"
  Dialog.OpenFile() ' Opens in "~/" not "~/Documents".

End

Public Sub Button2_Click()

  Dialog.Path = User.Home &/ "Documents"
  Dialog.SaveFile() ' Opens in "~/" with "Documents" in the file name box.

End