[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1698: Errors while building gmp component

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Wed Dec 18 06:51:48 CET 2019

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1698&from=L21haW4-

Comment #4 by Tobias BOEGE:

Errors such as this:

> unknown type name ‘namespace’; did you mean ‘isspace’?

strongly indicate that you are compiling C++ headers with a C compiler.
Using the C compiler is correct, since gb.gmp is written in C, so how
do we get C++ headers included? Look at the trace of included files:

> In file included from /usr/include/boost/container/detail/std_fwd.hpp:26,
>                  from /usr/include/boost/container/container_fwd.hpp:61,
>                  from /usr/include/boost/container/allocator_traits.hpp:31,
>                  from /usr/include/boost/container/flat_map.hpp:24,
>                  from /usr/include/CGAL/config.h:123,
>                  from /usr/include/CGAL/gmp.h:22,
>                  from main.h:31,
>                  from main.c:28:

Apparently your system prefers CGAL's gmp.h over GMP's identically named
one. The former is C++ and includes boost headers which lead to the errors.

Do you have libgmp-dev (or whatever it is for your distribution) installed?
If yes, that would mean that the normal gmp.h is overshadowed by CGAL's
version, which would be a strange thing to happen.

I don't know if that is something that needs configuration on your system
or if the configure script in Gambas should somehow be smarter...

Tobias BOEGE changed the state of the bug to: NeedsInfo.