[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1413: BYREF does not work o Fault ?

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Wed Sep 12 00:40:06 CEST 2018

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1413&from=L21haW4-

Comment #1 by Benoît MINISINI:

This is a bugtracker. So you should post only bugs here. If this is something that you want me to clarify, you must use the mailing-list instead.

Anyway I will answer you: there is a danger in specifying ByRef only in the callee. You may call a function without knowing its signature, that will use ByRef without you noticing. You then have bugs in your program very difficult to trace.

So, in Gambas, I decided that both the caller and the callee have to specify ByRef, so that we are sure that everyone agree on what to do exactly with the function arguments.

Benoît MINISINI changed the state of the bug to: Invalid.