[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1101: ODBC driver super buggy 2: rs.max return always negative and always -2 event in lasted

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Tue Jul 17 03:45:46 CEST 2018

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1101&from=L21haW4-

Comment #8 by zxMarce:

Piccoro, this I'm afraid cannot be done.

The workaround I created works by shuffling things around (which is not so correct) in order to count the records returned by a query (instead of the awful -1), but that's mostly for SELECT statements.

For INSERT and UPDATE statements and others that do not return records at all (bar their count) like USE I would have to make the routines (not just one but some of them) actually more "intelligent" to try to check what kind of statement is running. And that can (will) fail for many, many reasons. For example, how would the system go around parsing a SELECT that has an INSERT inside?

>From experience, working around subsystem limitations only brings problems.

zxMarce changed the state of the bug to: Rejected.