[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1364: Add CUT/COPY/PASTE shortcuts to the Editor.

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Wed Jul 11 16:38:17 CEST 2018

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1364&from=L21haW4-

zxMarce reported a new bug.

Summary
-------

Add CUT/COPY/PASTE shortcuts to the Editor.

Type             : Request
Priority         : Medium
Gambas version   : Master
Product          : Unknown

Description

Since the new IDE's text editor was introduced, I could no longer use the not-so-widely-known-but-massively-supported shortcuts for CUT, COPY and PASTE. Mind you, the older versions of the IDE (up to and including 3.10, if memory serves), these shortcuts worked flawlessly.

I am SO used to them (started using these under DOS' Edit.Com and even Quick Basic 4.5) that I now have to actually *stop-and-think* what the "normal" shortcuts for each function are now (Ctrl-X,C,V) in Gambas. I even came to think "my" shortcuts were kind of OS-provided, since they worked in places where the "normal" shortcuts did not!

These olde shortcuts are:

CUT: Shift-Delete
COPY: Ctrl-Insert
PASTE: Shift-Insert