[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1480: Request for Assertion

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Mon Dec 17 09:54:54 CET 2018

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1480&from=L21haW4-

Comment #5 by C THAL:

Also there are two further things:

1) An Assertion should not be removed. It defines a condition that must be fulfilled for the program to work correctly. If such a condition is not met, the program must be stopped immediately.

Think of things like:

For i = 0 To 10
	Assert i >= 0
	Assert i <= 10
	'....
Next

I know, this is a silly example, but I can't think of anything better right now.

2) An Assertion should have an optional string to report what happened and why the program failed. I do not know if that is possible with an instruction.

C THAL changed the state of the bug to: Working.