[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1408: eof() fails with file sizes greater than 4GB

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 08:46:25 CEST 2018

Le 28/08/2018 à 01:13, Tony Morehen a écrit :
> I was indeed using direct mode.  I was using my own buffer to copy a
> file, so another buffer was unneccesary.  I'm not even sure if Gambas
> needs a buffered mode.  Linux, after all, has its own 128K readahead
> buffer.

Do not answer to bugtracker at gambaswiki.org, there is no mailbox there.

Prefer answering directly in the bugtracker.

Anyway, buffered mode is very useful! Because a system call is still
very slow nowadays, and buffered mode allows to read a file with less
system calls without having to do that yourself.

Benoît Minisini