This is mnoGoSearch's cache of https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/2024-January/081301.html. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared during last crawling. The current page could have changed in the meantime.

Last modified: Wed, 17 Jan 2024, 16:08:01 CET    Size: 4768
[Gambas-user] gb.media - audio recording file is emptied when ending the program

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Wed Jan 17 15:54:41 CET 2024

Am 17.01.24 um 13:09 schrieb vuott--- via User:
> Well, with a CLI-program the created file is not empty, only if the
> "MediaPipeline" instance variable is "global" (as Claus had already
> pointed out). In that case, however, I found that in order to make the
> program terminate, it is necessary to impose the "Quit" function.
>
> Instead, if this variable is "local," an empty audio file is
> generated. I had known about this problem for a long time, and to
> solve it, I adopted the temporary support file stratagem. If the
> variable is "local," the program ends regularly.

I cannot confirm, that a local declarations of the MediaPipeline or any
other MediaControl makes a difference (V3.18.4). I tested it with the
given example and the result was exactly the same. I am assuming that a
Quit command is equal to a click on the stop button of the IDE which
also preserves the contents of the mp3 file. I informed Benoît about
that in an email which I sent mistakenly to his personal account - my
apologies.

I just tried to run the given example as a non-GUI-application and can
confirm that the mp3 file is not emptied when doing this:

     pl.play
     Wait 20
     pl.Stop
     pl.close

This also worked with the GUI-application, but when I closed the FMain
(without any further command) the mp3 file was empty again. Does FMain
act as a media container which fills the mp3 file and kills its content
when being closed?

When the non-GUI application is brutally terminated by clicking on the
stop button of the IDE or by imposing a Quit command the contents of the
mp3 file is also preserved. But the same happens with the GUI version.

Best regards

Claus