This is mnoGoSearch's cache of https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/2015-January/051354.html. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared during last crawling. The current page could have changed in the meantime.

Last modified: Fri, 02 Jan 2015, 02:54:05 CET    Size: 3247
[Gambas-user] DataSource Before Save

[Gambas-user] DataSource Before Save

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jan 2 02:54:05 CET 2015

Le 02/01/2015 02:44, Christian e Ana Luiza Britto a écrit :
> Hi Folks,
> Happy New Year for everyone!
> I would like to know if it's possible to use DataSource BeforeSave
> event to check data before it gets saved and cancel that if necessary
> (using Stop Event or something like that). It's possible to check data
> validation through database triggers, but I would like to make it in
> Gambas just to have the possibility check data and translate the
> messages presented to the users. If there's a way please let me know.
> I'm using Gambas 3.6.2
>
> Best regards,
> Christian

No, but I can add that easily for Gambas 3.7. I.e., using STOP EVENT
during the BeforeSave event handler will cancel the save.

Benoît Minisini