This is mnoGoSearch's cache of https://lists.gambas-basic.org/archive/user/2024-04/0000088.html. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared during last crawling. The current page could have changed in the meantime.

Last modified: Sat, 06 Apr 2024, 23:21:02 CEST    Size: 14384
Re: Using TeminalScreen.class to move cursor

  • Subject: Re: Using TeminalScreen.class to move cursor
  • From: Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 21:35:49 +0100
  • To: user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Sat, 6 Apr 2024 at 20:11, Brian G <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why would you not just use the absolute position escape sequence after
> calculating the needed position from your text buffer?
>
> '\e[vpos;hposH'
>
> or move n pos left or right
>
> '\e[nspacesD'  '\e24D' or '\e[nspacesC' '\e2C'
>
> Maybe I don't understand, But it seems correct to not be moving the cursor
> around bit by bit, but just put it where you want.
>
> Select Case iCode
>       Case Key.Up
>         sText = If(.AppCursorKey, "\eOA", subst("\e[&1A",len))
>       Case Key.Down
>         sText = If(.AppCursorKey, "\eOB", subst("\e[&1B",len))
>       Case Key.Right
>         sText = If(.AppCursorKey, "\eOC", subst("\e[&1C",len))
>       Case Key.Left
>         sText = If(.AppCursorKey, "\eOD", subst("\e[&1D",len))
>     End Select
>
> 'sText = String(Len, sText)

That did not work :(   it just printed D when i hit Ctrl+Left (the code was
correct '\e[15D' )
i think terminalview is handling it differently (i'm having to hack the
private api to make it work).

the commands seem to work if i use the recommended TerminalView.Print()
command but then i cannot move cursor right like before as it does not
update the cursor position so it thinks i'm still where i was before the
move.

The code I have that sends an amount of right or left escape sequences is
currently the only thing i've got working correctly.

Respects
BruceS