amd64 packages available for debian12 - WAS: A possibly clever idea...

On Friday, October 11th, 2024 at 09:57, Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm downloading the repository stuff that gbWilly made (a pretty cool gitlab page with lots of info/help
> https://gitlab.com/gbWilly/gambas3-debian-repository

Managed to install debian12 bookworm arm64 VM in QEMU on my intel system and package gambas 3.19.5 for arm64. It took me all day yesterday to get it figured out and get the vm up and running. Install is slow as hell for arm64 in vm.

Packaging was done during the night and when I woke up it was finally done (took many, many hours! -> yes arm64 in vm is that slow).

I have added it to the debian repository archive for gambas 3.19.5. Bruce provided the link to my git page and it is in my signature.

It is not tested on real arm64 systems, but if anyone is up for trying who has arm64 system, be my guest. I would love to read about your successes and failures and assist where needed.

gbWilly
[Gambas3 for Debian](https://gitlab.com/gbWilly/gambas3-debian-repository)