TabPanel Click event (or workaround) wanted

I have a tabpanel  that is associated with a treeview. That is, the treeview shows all the items that can be opened as an editor form in the tabpanel.

I might have several panels open and can happily pop between them, close one or more etc etc.

One thing that must happen is when the user clicks on the "tab" for an item, the treeview must be updated to the position of that item. I have this working via the Activate event in all but one situation. That is when there is _only one tab open and the tree has been moved_, collapsed or something by the user.

What I'd like is to detect a click on the tab header so I can reposition the tree again.

btw, the same problem occurs in the IDE. Open one class, collapse the entire project tree, then try and get the project tree to show the active class.

tx