DBUS signals?

I took this code from here <https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/dbus>:

MySignal = New DBusSignal(DBus.System, "org.freedesktop.Hal.Manager") As
"DBusSignal"

Public Sub DBusSignal_Signal(Signal As String, Arguments As Variant[])
 Debug Signal
End

Plugging in/out USB stick or mouse does not give any signal. What this
should detect?
I have never used DBUS before... is there some other signal that would be
good for testing purposes? I would like to see basic things working before
doing anything else.

The main goal right now is to detect system shutdown. And no, SIGTERM is
not used for GUI applications anymore. I miss the old simple way.

Jussi