Re: Accessing proxy properties

On Sun, 22 Sept 2024 at 09:28, BB <adamnt42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 22/9/24 4:20 pm, BB wrote:
>
> Maybe I'm being overly ambitious here.
>
> If $control.Proxy.Row < 0 Then Return
>
> $control is a custom control with a gridview in it, which is the proxy.
>
> That line above stops the IDE with the error "Unknown symbol 'row' in
> class 'Control' "
>
> but in the IDE I can see (i.e. debug) the $control Proxy property and see
> the actual Proxy as per the picture attached.
>
> Is the $control.Proxy.Row construct wrong?
>
> tia

> AH nevermind.
>
> I can see now what I was trying cant work, because Proxy is a Control, not
> the actual object's class. The IDE must do some magic to see it as it is.
>
> Damn! I thought I'd found a neat way to get at the proxy's properties.
>
> I know the Proxy's job is only to duplicate mouse and keyboard events but
> I just thought, maybe....
>
> Oh well, back to work.

It's not magic, it's just a trick ;)

Just access it assigning the gridview class or use Object.class to use any
property.
Ie.

Dim hGrid As GridView = $control.Proxy
Print hGrid.Row

Or..

Dim hObject As Object = $control.Proxy
Print hObject.Row

If the type could vary you could use Object.Type($control.Proxy) to see
exactly what it is.

Respects
BruceS