Fwd: auto-translate seemed to hang on GTK3

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Sept 2024 at 01:39
Subject: Re: auto-translate seemed to hang on GTK3
To: gbWilly <gbWilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Wed, 18 Sept 2024 at 21:16, gbWilly <gbWilly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 18th, 2024 at 20:38, Bruce Steers <
> bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 16 Sept 2024 at 14:26, Bruce Steers <bsteers4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I think that bug i mentioned is similar to the one you recently fixed
> that got the offline documentation finally working in GTK3 as a difference
> in the Wait args fixes it.
> > I improved my progress reading too by making a quick count of the
> unfilled fields before starting so my total is the strings to be filled not
> all items.
> >
> > But i soon required another feature with the translator.
> > I just wanted to view the unfilled translations not have to scroll
> through all of them.
> >
> > So I added a checkbox called 'Hide filled' to the translator view.
> >
> > Public Sub chkHideFilled_Click()
> >
> >   For Each sKey As String In cvwTranslate.Keys
> >     cvwTranslate[sKey].Visible = If(chkHideFilled.Value,
> cvwTranslate[sKey][1] = "", True)
> >   Next
> >
> > End
> >
> > Very handy :)
> >
> > Respects
> >

> That is indeed a very handy addition, especially when translating large
> project with many strings to translate and 1 get's added that isn't ;-)
>
> Hope it makes it to official gambas..
>
> gbWilly

My thoughts exactly.
I only first used the translator the other day.
Then after some program additions i wanted to translate the new strings,
but first i needed to check they all wanted translating so i had to scroll
through everything, set anything to not translate i didn't want to, then
hit the auto-translate menu.

Most certainly the ability to see only the non filled items is very useful.

I submitted a merge Benoit.  basically 3 changes

1. Show progress as btnMenu.text
2. Use Wait 0.1 to workaround gtk3 bug
3. Add 'Hide Filled' menu item (checkbox toggle) to btnMenu items that only
leaves empty items visible.
 . run 'if mnuHideFilled.Enabled Then mnuHideFilled_Click' at end of
SetLang to refresh items if loading another language.

Awesome feature this auto-translate Ben, I auto-translated my program to
various languages.  no idea if it makes sense in those languages or not,
Apparently the German wasn't perfect but someone kindly made some
adjustments :)
I'm sure if used it in a badly translated language it's going to make more
sense than English if you don't understand English.
very useful feature :)

Thank you
Respects
BruceS