Re: Problem "Stable" is not stable

Am 28.08.24 um 16:11 schrieb Joe1962:

versions. There is also the LibreOffice way, which "only" requires maintaining 2 versions and which according to Wikipedia goes like this:

    "Fresh" – the most recent major version (branch), which contains the latest enhancements but which may have introduced bugs not present in the "still" release.

    "Still" (formerly "Stable") – the prior major version, which, by the time it has become the "still" version, has had around six months of bug fixing. It is recommended for users for whom stability is more important than the latest enhancements.

I would prefer this and call the previous one "Stable" and the new one "New".

Anyway, to cut this story short, any of these matters and methods I mentioned would require more developers.

I don't think this solution costs much more than the current one regarding work to be done.

But in addition the current one costs us reputation.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
[x] nail here for new monitor