Re: New malfunction compiling Gambas3 (last master)

Le 10/08/2024 à 18:14, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
Le 09/08/2024 à 23:44, Gianluigi a écrit :
Hi Benoit,

sorry, now compiling I get no errors but I can't start Gambas, this is
the return of the terminal:

$ gambas3
*** buffer overflow detected ***: terminated
Annullato (core dump creato)

(*) GNU gdb

Regards and good night
Gianluigi

Hi,

I was not in Paris this last week, so I couldn't reply to the mailing-list.

I don't have any crash on Manjaro, so I guess I have to deal with valgrind to check if there is a buffer overflow, which is a big deal on Manjaro... valgrind works only if it can access a server that provided the debugging information of the same glibc it uses; and Manjaro does not provide this server. This is at the moment the only one design failure I found in Manjaro.

Regards,

valgrind sees nothing wrong during the JIT compilation on Manjaro. Strange...

--
Benoît Minisini.