Re: Some path questions

> My question is about Application.Path. Why do I need it? What is the
> default path without it then. Why is it different for different
> operators? I mean, why hClient is downloading a file right into the
> program working directory, which is nice, but then not Exist nor Kill
> don't see it? Where do they look by default? I mean Exist ("tmp.gambas")
> is false, yet the file is right there, where hClient has put it. Exist
> (Application.Path & "/tmp.gambas") is true, as it should, but why so
> complicated? Maybe I am overcomplicating things.

Your application should handle files according to Filesystem Hierarchy
Standard.
Temporary files should go to "/tmp", logs should go to example "/var/log",
your binaries to example "/usr/local/bin", etc. It is a good idea to always
be explicit with Kill, Exist, etc. IE they use the directory you told them
to use.
Otherwise, sooner or later you will make a mess.

Jussi