Re: Why is a time of 00:00 regarded as Null?

Il 30/07/24 17:05, Gianluigi ha scritto:
Il 30/07/24 16:36, Claus Dietrich ha scritto:
One of my programs failed today. The reason was surprising:

A date consisting of a time component only and generated with an
expression equivalent to this

dStartTime = cDate("00:00")

is regarded as Null. As my program checks the presence of a time
expression with

if dStartTime then ...

it fails, if the time is 00:00, which is supposed to be a valid time.

If this is no bug, how can I check whether a date contains a valid
time-only-component including 00:00 ?

Best regards

Claus

Hi Claus,

here it seems to work correctly, if I write...:
'------------------------
Dim dStartTime As Date

   dStartTime = CDate("00:00")
   If dStartTime = 0 Then Print "START" ' <--- print START
'------------------------

Be careful not to compare it with local dates

Regards
Gianluigi

Maybe I didn't understand the question, but here if I write:

Dim dStartTime As Date

  dStartTime = CDate("00:00")
  Print TypeOf(dStartTime)

I get 8 which means Date :-\