Re: IDE and new database component

Il 27/07/24 11:48, Gianluigi ha scritto:
Il 26/07/24 16:34, Benoît Minisini ha scritto:
It aims at being an exact equivalent. In pratice, it has slight
differences (besides possible bugs).

The only API difference that can break compatibility is that there is no
more "Blob" class for dealing with blob fields. Just use strings instead.

Any other difference should be signaled so that I fix it!

Benoît Minisini.

Hi Benoit,

I need clarification about gb.db2 for the BLOB.
If I try to change the old code (gb.db) by loading the image into an
image object (hImage) and then passing it to a string with the ToString
function (sImage = hImage.ToString()), when I update the result I get
the error -1: Cannot create record: unrecognized token: "'‰PNG ^Z". So
this is not how, in this case, that we can change the BLOB and we need
only to save the images in a folder and only the paths in the database,
as with any other type of object.

I attach the link to the old example project (gb.db) that I try to update:
https://paste.c-net.org/PlayaBottle

Thank you and regards
Gianluigi

...and this is the link of the failed update attempt to db2:
https://paste.c-net.org/StumbledMinimal

Regards
Gianluigi