Re: How to embed command line tools in a Gambas app for AppImages ?

Le 06/07/2024 à 13:52, Claus Dietrich a écrit :
Am 06.07.24 um 12:09 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
Le 27/06/2024 à 18:39, Claus Dietrich a écrit :
Hi

I developed a multimedia app based of ffmpeg, which I call with Gambas shell commands. As I don't want the AppImage to depend on an installed ffmpeg on the user platform, I embedded ffmpeg in the project by adding a dependency in the installer dialogue. My question: How can I use the embedded ffmpeg, because the shell command always uses the ffpmeg tools installed on the host platform - not the embedded one. Do I have to modify an environment variable? If so, which one and how? Do I also have to consider whether the app is executed in development or runtime mode? Is it feasible at all?

Normally, you just have to add the 'ffmpeg' package name in the "extra dependencies" step of the Package wizard.
Regards,

This is what I did and doesn't work. A shell command uses the ffmpeg installed on the platform and not the one embedded in the AppImage. I found this, which already suggests a solution: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59953279/how-to-package-shell-programs-into-an-appimage

But somehow I don't know how to implement this in the Gambas source code, so that it also works during development time. Gambas commands like System.Exist("ffmpeg") will possibly affected by this as well if used in AppImages.

Best regards

Claus

Can you try make the AppImage with the latest commit? I added inned '/bin' and '/usr/bin' to the PATH inside 'appimage-builder' configuration file.

Tell me if now it can run a 'ffmpeg' (or any other command-line program) bundled with the AppImage.

If you want to do some tests by yourself, the appimage-builder configuration file template is located in the 'install/AppImageBuilder.yml' file of the IDE source code.

Benoît Minisini.