Re: Future new database components

Le 23/06/2024 à 00:01, d4t4full@xxxxxxxxx a écrit :
Benôit,

(disclaimer: stupid mobile mail client won't allow to type a reply below the original message)

That's /awesome/ news!

That goal is precisely what I wanted to achieve years ago in prior Gambas versions with ODBC, but since the low-level DB components such as *Result* were not really accessible from higher level Gambas (I mean instancing, populating, etc), it wasn't possible.

Is this already in the repo? Any new branch or something?

If so, I'll get the latest commit, particularly for ODBC, and try to figure it out (no promises though!). Will also have to dust off my dev virtual machine...

By the way: Thank you for your continued efforts to improve an already complete and excellent product.

Regards,
zxMarce.

Hi,

The rewrite of the database component is almost finished, so we can talk about the rewrite of the ODBC driver.

I rewrote all other database drivers the same way: I took the old C code, and rewrote in Gambas what does not need explicit calls to the underlying database client library.

For ODBC, you have two choices:

- Do the same way.

- Only provide the interface to the ODBC API in the database driver C part, so that there is more Gambas code than C Code - for those who are easier with Gambas than C :-)

So if you want to rewrite the ODBC driver, tell me what you prefer, and I will explain you how to proceed.

Benoît Minisini.