Farm password not remembered on Mint-MATE (solved)

So I have had an issue for some time where the farm login would not
remember my password.

I scoured through the source looking for a bug and found where my problem
was in Desktop.Passwords / _Dekstop_Passwords

the need for secret-tool If Desktop.Is("GNOME") Or If Desktop.Is("LXDE") Or
If Desktop.Is("MATE") Or If Desktop.Is("XFCE") Or If Desktop.Is("UNITY") Or
If Desktop.Is("CYGWIN")

I realized i could have found this problem if i had run the IDE from
terminal as an error message is printed "secret-tool not found, did you
install it?"

But i thought,, that would have been a lot easier to remedy if at some
point the IDE had opened an error message box telling me i needed to
install secret-tool and not just printed an error message I never saw.

Respects
BruceS