Re: TextBox does not trigger KeyPress event with gtk3

Le 26/05/2024 à 15:21, Bruce Steers a écrit :
The following code...

Public Sub TextBox1_KeyPress()

   Debug Key.Text
   If Key.Text Not Like "[0-9]" Then Stop Event

End

With qt5 if i press text keys the key is printed in the debugger and the textbox inputs nothing, and if i press numerical keys they are printed and entered into textbox, as expected.

gtk3 on the other hand does not fire the TextBox_Keypress event at all. all keys are entered into the textbox and the debugger prints nothing.

So the statement on the wiki,, https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/control/.keypress <https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/control/.keypress>

      Event Cancellation

If you stop the event with STOP EVENT <https://gambaswiki.org/edit/lang/stopevent>, the control won't see the keyboard event at all.

Is only actually true for qt not gtk3

Respects
BruceS

Can I have a project that shows the bug? Can you send me your full environment with it?

Thanks.

--
Benoît Minisini.