Re: TerminalView issue ensuring visible after output

Le 27/05/2024 à 18:50, Bruce Steers a écrit :
Someone on the gambasone forum has an issue with terminalview stopping scrolling with output after lots of output.

I also have experienced this a few times.
Noticeably with perhaps running something like apt upgrade or something else that outputs a lot of text. it's okay for a while but then it misses the beat.

I noticed that too. Thanks to look at it.

Looking at the code hoping to find a glitch and I wonder if i have found an issue?
In TerminalView.class Output_Timer event.
https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/blob/master/comp/src/gb.form.terminal/.src/TerminalView/TerminalView.class?ref_type=heads#L1364 <https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/blob/master/comp/src/gb.form.terminal/.src/TerminalView/TerminalView.class?ref_type=heads#L1364>

It's the order of this code..

If (($iTargetY + $hView.H) \ $LH) >= $hScreen.Count Then
bEnsureVisible = True
Endif

$hFilter.OutputTo(Me, $hScreen, hOutput, sBuffer)

If bEnsureVisible Then
$bIgnoreNextAnimation = True
_EnsureScreen()
Endif

Should not the $hFilter.OutputTo call happen before the calculation involving $hScreen.Count ?

Mmm... Maybe, I will test that.

--
Benoît Minisini.