Re: TreeView.Item.Reparent wont add the arrow

On Tue, 21 May 2024 at 14:18, Gianluigi <gradobag@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Il 21/05/24 14:57, Bruce Steers ha scritto:
> > What DragNDrop example?
> > Does it use the Reparent method to move parents?
> >
> > BruceS
>
> The example that is in Gambas's basic examples:
>
> https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/tree/master/app/examples/Basic?ref_type=heads
> Does not use reparent, but I understood that you were asking for another
> way to do it

No i was asking if there was a way to make the arrow appear when using
Reparent.

After some more tinkering i have found reparent does make an arrow appear
if one of the items already has children so at least one arrow is already
showing.

But using Reparent when there are no arrows yet does not refresh to show
the arrows.

I attach a simple example.

it is a prefilled tree with 10 root items, no children.

Drag n drop an item on to another and it puts it into the item you dropped
it on.

At the bottom there is a check box that makes a reparent happen by
Add/Delete method not by Reparent.

When you run the program and drag-drop an item If the checkbox is not
selected the arrow does not appear.

But if you select the checkbox so add/remove method is used the arrow does
appear.
You can then de-select the checkbox so re-parent is used and arrows then DO
appear.

The treeview updates it's layout somehow to show arrows and once updated it
works as expected. but Reparent does not seem to trigger this update.

So i think , yes , it's a bug.

BruceS