Re: Random IDE crashes

On Wed, 8 May 2024 at 12:34, Jorge Carrión <shordi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I forget the message begins with "[68] Can not...."
>
> Best Regards
>
> El mié, 8 may 2024 a las 13:31, Jorge Carrión (<shordi@xxxxxxxxx>)
> escribió:
>
>> Since gambas 3.19.0 I have been suffering a series of IDE crashes that I
>> cannot isolate, so I have not reported a bug or said anything, but they are
>> very frequent, at least 10 or 12 times a day and the only thing I can do is
>> provide the message:
>> "Can not run child process: Can not initialize pseudo-terminal: File or
>> Directory doesn't exist
>>
>> ?". (including empty line and question mark)
>>
>> Am I the only one this happens to? It happened to me with Mint and it
>> still happens to me with Manjaro...
>>
>> Best regards

No i get this sometimes, mainly when debugging an application (stopping and
starting it a lot)
I think certain cases (errors/crashes in my code) can cause the debugger to
not exit cleanly so it cannot restart again.

I usually just close the IDE and open it again and it's okay.

I also find sometimes i click the Function list menu and it occasionally
opens, then closes quickly and then throws a "window already open" error if
i try to use it again.
Restarting the IDE fixes that too.

Respects
BruceS