Re: can Control+key code be sent by TerminalView.Input() like Alt+key can?

On Wed, 1 May 2024 at 23:12, Benoît Minisini <
benoit.minisini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 01/05/2024 à 21:24, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >
> > To send an Alt+key code to TerminalView i do this..
> > for example Alt+u would simply be...
> >
> > TerminalView1.Input("\eu")
> > and then in bash the current word is made uppercase from the cursor.
> >
> > How would i do the same but with Control+u
> > I looked about and found some info
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_escape_code#Terminal_input_sequences
> > <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_escape_code#Terminal_input_sequences
> >

> > I tried TerminalView1.Input("\e[117;5~")
> > and TerminalView1.Input("\e[5117")
> > and with Hex(117) 75
> >
> > no worky :(
> >
> > is it possible ?
> >
> > Many thanks
> > BruceS
> >

> Yes, provided that someone writes the code to handle all the missing
> keyboard sequences in the 'TerminalFilter_VT100.InputTo()' method.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini.

eek i only want to input the key code to bash and let bash do all the work
;)

i found this ascii table
https://www.physics.udel.edu/~watson/scen103/ascii.html

Ctrl-U is Hex 15

TrminalView1.Input.("\x15")  Does as expected, deletes line left of cursor

would i need to implement it for all keys?

after research i find a control key is ascii key code And 0x1F

and i find yes Hex(Asc("U") And &1F) is 15

but how do i convert Hex(Asc("U") And &1F) into string "\x15" i can input?

I tried something like this but it failed...
Dim s As String = "\x" & Hex(Asc("U") And &1F)
TerminalView1.Input(s)

But done correctly something like that should work for all the other keys
too right?

Respects
BruceS