Re: PPA by Gambas3

On 4/27/24 18:37, Benoît Minisini wrote:
Le 27/04/2024 à 22:39, Gianluigi a écrit :
Hi Benoit,

I wanted to ask you if you continue to treat Gambas3's PPA?
Thank you for your attention

Goodnight
Gianluigi

The PPA is not hosted on my personal machine, so nothing changed since I installed Manjaro on it.

The only problem I have is with Ubuntu 24.04. The PPA refuses to compile it, and I still don't know exactly why. Hence my question on the mailing-list.
Worthy of note, it only fails to build on armhf. You're probably seeing fallout from the time_t64 transition (to fix the Year 2038 Problem). The change caused a BUNCH of libraries to have ABI-breaking changes, resulting in a bunch of libraries being named differently (for instance libdw1 is now libdw1t64). I haven't looked at the packaging, but it probably will just require some fiddling with build dependencies to fix it up. Versioned depends on libraries can be an issue (though those may not be the only issue).

Regards,