Re: Issues with gb.logging Logger, cannot _free

On 12/4/24 5:49 am, T Lee Davidson wrote:

There also appears to be a logical design flaw in the class. Logger._new() accepts three arguments all of which, collectively, are Optional including sOutput which is for the output path. Yet, the Logger.Output property is read-only which means it cannot be set after the object is created. So, sOutput should not be Optional in Logger._new() or Logger.Output should be read/write.

From my very cloudy memory I think I may have made the sOutput property optional because it either should have a default path or the order of the constructors was a mess at that time. No real ideas at the moment but I would think that it is about time for a review of the entire code as I wasn't real happy with the "complex" logger idea at all. (Logging shouldn't be complex!)

Maybe I'll get a chance to go over the whole thing again over the weekend. It's too damn cold here now to do anything outside the house.

No promises though!