Re: QT6 ?

On Fri, 5 Apr 2024 at 19:05, Philippe Valarcher <philippe.valarcher@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Le vendredi 05 avril 2024 à 13:29 -0400, Jose J. Rodriguez a écrit :
>
> On Fri, Apr 5, 2024 at 12:47 PM T Lee Davidson <t.lee.davidson@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> On 4/5/24 09:30, Philippe Valarcher wrote:
> > I am on KDE Neon which is a derivative from ubuntu-jammy: and I did
> exactly what you send me for it.
> > but I don't have any QT6 component.
>
> I think that, originally, an assumption was made that KDE Neon 6 would
> have the latest and greatest from KDE which, if true,
> should include Qt6. But apparently, KDE Neon isn't quite that up to date.
>

> Well, I downloaded Neon a couple of weeks ago to check out Plasma 6 on a
> VM, so it must have QT6!
>
> Regards,
> Joe1962
>

> Yes Jose, you are right Neon has QT6 but I don't have QT component in
> Gambas so it must be missing something but it's far from my knowledge.

If you have qt6 and the same -dev package dependencies for qt6 as qt5 then
gb.qt6 component 'should' compile.

are you installing using autotools method or with your package manager?
https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install#t14

it may only work if you use autotools method as by default qt6 is disabled
for jammy so you'll need to override the default.

so if you use the package manager version then uninstall it and try install
using the autotools method but remove '--disable-qt6' from the ./configure
command line so it is just this...

./configure -C --disable-keyring --disable-qt4

good luck.
BruceS