Re: Follow-up to Bug #2880: Gambas fails to start following recent fedora 40 Beta update

Il 03/04/24 10:45, Neil Darlow ha scritto:
Hi All,

I will post needed information here because my report filled the
bugtracker form and I am unable to scroll to add a comment.

Benoit asked if I could try Gambas-3.19 or latest development version
which I will need to investigate because I need RPMs to install into
the fedora 40 Beta toolbox in which Gambas runs. fedora don't appear to
be preparing Gambas-3.19.x for the release of fedora 40 final.

I have looked further into this and it appears that gcc-14 and clang-18
treat implicit integer-to-pointer conversions as an error not a
warning.

I am able to run Gambas-3.18.4 under fedora 40 Beta by setting the
environment variable as follows: GB_JIT_CFLAGS="-Wno-int-conversion".

Regards,
Neil Darlow

Hi Neil,

Since no one more expert than me answers, I compiled the stable version
on Fedora 39.
The libraries should also be the same for Fedora 40, if so, the
compilation of the master version of Gambas3 should be this, open the
terminal and type these commands one at a time by writing the correct
password when requested:

sudo dnf install -y libtool libtool-ltdl-devel gcc make autoconf
dumb-devel gmime-devel gmime30-devel libffi-devel mariadb-devel
postgresql-devel unixODBC-devel sqlite2-devel libsqlite3x-devel
libxslt-devel libv4l-devel glew-devel poppler-devel poppler-glib-devel
poppler-cpp-devel qt-devel qt5-qtbase-devel qt5-qtbase-private-devel
qt5-qtwebengine-devel qt5-qtx11extras-devel qt5-qtsvg-devel
SDL_ttf-devel SDL_mixer-devel SDL-devel SDL2_ttf-devel SDL2_mixer-devel
SDL2_image-devel SDL2-devel cairo-devel gtk2-devel gtk3-devel
imlib2-devel librsvg2-devel qt-webkit-devel qt5-qtwebkit
qt5-qtwebkit-devel openal-soft-devel libjpeg-turbo-devel gtkglext-devel
gmp-devel libxml2-devel libXtst-devel gsl-devel pcre-devel dbus-devel
libcurl-devel alure-devel gstreamermm-devel libgnome-keyring-devel
bzip2-devel libzstd-devel webkit2gtk3-devel ncurses-devel
qt6-qtbase-devel qt6-qtwebengine-devel qt6-qtsvg-devel git

git clone --depth=1 https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git gambasdevel

cd gambasdevel

./reconf-all

GAMBAS_CONFIG_FAILURE=1 ./configure -C --disable-pdf

make -j$(nproc)

sudo make install

Instead, if you want to try to compile the latest stable version, change
these two commands like this:

git clone --branch stable --depth=1 https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git
gambastable

cd gambastable