Re: possibility to have generic event name?

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 at 17:58, T Lee Davidson <t.lee.davidson@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 4/2/24 09:05, Bruce Steers wrote:
> >
> > could there be a possibility to have a generic event that would fire for
> all controls?
> >
> > Ie something like.
> >
> > ' triggers for ANY and EVERY control that is clicked.
> > Public Sub Control_MouseDown()
> >
> >     Print Last.Name;; "mouse down"
> >
> > End
> >
> > or
> >
> > Public Sub *_MouseDown()
> >
> >     Print Last.Name;; "mouse down"
> >
> > End
> >
> > am i dreaming?, it it impossible?, is it already possible and i've
> missed a trick?
> >
> > Thanks
> > BruceS
> >

> Maybe put them all in the same Group?

Yes of course i realize that but I am talking about absolutely every
control.

It is for purposes that for example, i might want to set some
configurations depending on Mouse data (like in my last post about
Mouse.Button)
I would want to set that data on the first thing that was clicked.

So to have a generic handler that fired on all MouseDown events but did not
interfere with the current group or event name set for each control.
(unless a Stop event could cancel it, that could be useful interference)

If the generic event/groupname was triggered before the normal controls
event occurred it could also be a way to detect an event like a MouseDown
or KeyPress that is normally swallowed by a compound usercontrol

This is not the first time I have thought a generic event name or possibly
a "group" that every control also belonged to would be useful with what i
was trying to accomplish.

Respects
BruceS