Re: How to embedded file/sound into executable?

Il 23.03.2024 21:27 T Lee Davidson ha scritto:

On 3/23/24 15:45, roberto.premoli@xxxxxxxxxx [1]wrote:

QUESTION: Is possible to "embedded" the din-din.wav file inside the
executable when i compile the project and play it when needed? this
will make the wav file part of the executable, so it will be always
available.

Yes, just place a copy of the WAV file in the top-level directory of your
project. You see it under the Data directory of the
project after a Project -> Refresh. Then just call your Exec thus:

Exec ["aplay", Application.Path &/ "din-din.wav"] Wait

-- Lee ---

hello,
it works when i am in gambas IDE.
then I compile and install the .deb packege.
then I start the program from command line, it pop up the window and does it works. but when the event is triggered, i have the follow feedback in command line:

/usr/bin-din-ding.wav: file or directory  does not exist.

so gambas expect to find te sound as external file, not "inside" the executable.

Roberto