anoyance when backspace deleting inside parenthesis()

there's something a bit annoying when deleting a line of text using/holding
backspace.

Consider this line...
  Message(Error.Text & gb.Lf & Error.Backtrace.Join("\n"))

If I want to delete the Backtrace part I might place the cursor between the
last 2 closed brackets and hold backspace to delete the inside part but the
following happens..

when the string gets deleted down to "Message(Error.Text & gb.Lf &
Error.Backtrace.Join()"

removing the preceding open bracket auto removes the closing one so i then
have
Message(Error.Text & gb.Lf &
i lost my end bracket.

the feature is otherwise good but could it detect holding the key?

Maybe the auto-remove could happen only in a KeyUp event so if holding down
the backspace key to delete it will not auto-remove, only if deleting 1
char and letting the key up?

Respects
BruceS