Re: Map C bit-field to Gambas datatype

On 3/14/24 17:07, Benoît Minisini wrote:
So you have to check at runtime how the structure is organized in memory, and then access the bit fields with the Gambas bit manipulation function (BTst, BSet...). You must aware that this structure organisation can change if you change the library version, the compiler, the system...

Thank you for all that instruction, Benoît - even with the spelling mistakes which I didn't even notice :-)

And so, Jussi, after digesting the above and trying that example with the connection parameter/argument declared as simply Pointer everywhere (result: SegFault), I am in agreement with you: Not worth it.

Oh well, on to the next candidate.

--
Lee

--- Gambas User List Netiquette [https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette] ----