Re: New QT6 components

Le 10/03/2024 à 00:50, Bruce Steers a écrit :

On Sat, 9 Mar 2024 at 23:34, Benoît Minisini <benoit.minisini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:benoit.minisini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi,

    New Qt6 components are now available in the "master" branch.

    Only the "ubuntu-lunar" build of the GitLab pipeline tries to compile
    qt6. I will update the other systems as soon as I find then name of the
    needed Qt6 packages.

    At the same time, a new problem arises with clang that could not
    compile
    Gambas anymore. It breaks the "archlinux-clang" build, and so the
    pipeline will be in failed state until I understand how I must rewrite
    the C code so that clang accepts it.

    Regards,

-- Benoît Minisini.

I was looking into it.

It seems previous qt6 versions (and the one my mint21 (ubuntu jammy) installs) do not create the .pc package files. the newer versions do.

So it might not be possible if using pkg config method.

I downloaded latest qtcore git and compiled/installed.
i had to use...
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/Qt-6.8.0/lib/pkgconfig ./reconf
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/Qt-6.8.0/lib/pkgconfig ./configure -C

it almost worked, it failed with only qt6 svg
I've not worked out how to get latest qt6 svg installed yet

Respects
BruceS

The QT6 components are for system using KDE6. At the moment, I don't see that they bring anything useful to Gambas in regards to Qt5 (except an obvious bug when you launch the IDE).

So you don't really need it unless you use KDE6.

Benoît Minisini.