Re: [Gambas-user] desktop portal file IDs

Le 05/03/2024 à 14:30, Bruce Steers a écrit :
Am looking into that darn portal file definition problem.

For me, "fd" = "file descriptor" as defined by the operating system.

This is exactly what DBusFile.Handle property does: it opens the file and return the system file descriptor on it.

Then this file descriptor is put in the "attachment_fds" argument of desktop portal ComposeEmail() mail.

But as you noticed, it does not work.

I didn't found any documentation, nor any example, so it's hard to guess what to do without looking in all desktop portal implementations source code.

The difficulty is that the file descriptor is local to a process, so the desktop portal cannot use it with internal magic (it's possible to "send" a file descriptor to another process on Linux).

Benoît Minisini.

----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----