Re: [Gambas-user] Feature Request: IDE restore tabs after debugging

On Mon, 4 Mar 2024 at 20:08, Christof Thalhofer <chrisml@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
>
> Am 04.03.24 um 20:17 schrieb Bruce Steers:
>
> > I requested/made some changes and ask if you agree Christof as this was
> > your requested change.
> >
> > I requested that it did not re-select the previously selected tab when
> > stopping, as through debugging i have navigated to a function i wanted
> > to edit but then it jumped back the the previous selected when stopping
> > the debugger.
> > (Ben has kindly already done this)
>
> I did not look at the changes in master ... I had no time ;-)
>
> > I also made a change to mine.
> > I made it NOT auto-close a tab the debugger has opened if it was the
> > currently active one.  because through debugging i sometimes found i'd
> > navigated to a function i wanted to edit but then of course the document
> > auto-closed if i stopped the debugger there.
> >
> > Does that sound better to you?
>
> I didn't imagine every implication of what I proposed and I did not test
> the realization until now. Just do what you think is practical.
>
> It's natural that we want to edit the file at the point where we stopped
> the debugging process.
>
> It seems to be more complicated than I thought ... but that's often the
> case ... :)

Indeed , i'm sure benoit will change what he agrees is a good idea.

> Shouldn't this be discusses in user@?

Er yes, lol ,  i just clicked reply as normal, i think there is a problem
with the m/l (i have posted about it just after i saw this went to your
private address)
i had to manually change the address to the user list with this email.

using firefox https:/mail.google.com

Respects
BruceS