[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #3230: Issue, when the group permisions allow access to a project, the ide should not change the group when saving files


http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.3230&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by Brian G:

I am not talking about the permission flags, I am talking about uid and gid

Right now if the group is set to 'Programmers' for instance, and the user is a member of the 'Programmers' group they will be granted access to the projects

But when gambas ide writes a file to the project the group is reset to by default a group equal to the authors name. Which then locks out every other user from the directory.


When a new project is created, the group s bit should be set as in 'sudo chmod g+s /path/to/directory' this ensures that all members of a group will continue to have access to the project
and yes I know there should be git clones if possible. but sometimes offline it is needed.

And probably when a project directory is created it should reflect the projects home directory group.


Just a thought caused by getting this problem. umm



----[ Gambas bugtracker-list is hosted by https://www.hostsharing.net ]----