[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2936: Error #27

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2936&from=L21haW4-

Comment #5 by Bruce STEERS:

Ahh yes I have now downloaded Tuxedo and it is currently installing. i noticed it was x11 not wayland.

It is likely that using the software installer to only install gambas3 IDE (and not ALL gambas packages) did not install all the components needed.

Like you I got "unable to load gb.gui" error. i used apt install gambas3* and now it has installed the toolkit components.

I guess the bug is the Tuxedo installer only shows the gambas IDE when searching for gambas and clearly is missing dependencies for the required gui components when installing.

Glad you are also up and running now.

Choose "Launch" to use the desktop default toolkit (probably gtk3)
"Run With xxx" is so you can run the IDE using alternative toolkits (if they are installed)

The "Run with Qt5" option is the same as this terminal command that you tried...

env GB_GUI=gb.qt5 gambas3

Any gambas program that uses gb.gui (including the IDE) can be run with a chosen toolkit this way

----[ Gambas bugtracker-list is hosted by https://www.hostsharing.net ]----