[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2921: Postgresql 19.900000000000055 is 20 in Gambas

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2921&from=L21haW4-

Comment #9 by Christof THALHOFER:

zxMarce, Gian,

I was aware that floating point numbers are imprecise. However, I always thought that the imprecision occurs in the lower range of the number. In other words, on the right side of a number that consists of many digits when written as a decimal, like this:

12.3456789123456...foggy

That's how I knew it from pocket calculators.

Ah ok, I see that I was wrong. I didn't expect a tiny change in the foggy area to have such a big impact on the "left side" of the number. Now I understand that it is caused by the limited memory and where the floating point is located.

Thank you all. I reject the bug. Maybe we discuss it in the Mailinglist?

Christof THALHOFER changed the state of the bug to: Rejected.

----[ Gambas bugtracker-list is hosted by https://www.hostsharing.net ]----