[Gambas-user] Gambas Compiling made easy.
bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 15:31:48 CET 2021
I now have both a bash script and a gambas application that can....
* download/pull latest gambas commits (the gambas app can read latest
commit messages and trunk versions from gitlab)
* both script and app can switch branches if you have other branches
*install dependencies listed via the gitlab-ci.yml file.
* ./configure using official arguments as in gitlab-ci.yml file.
* remove old packager installed repo gambas before running 'make install'
* create a logfile suitable for gambas teams requirements.
I've added a section to the wiki compilation help page called "User made
tools to help with the process <http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install#t27>"
and i have added these 2 utilities to the page.
*If anyone else has made anything similar to help compile/install gambas
please add it to the page as well.*
This is the best solution I have for the old , "*gambas on debian is 3.12
and people don't have the know how to be able to upgrade*" problem.
Am thinking now to veer off the bash script and work more on the gambas
installer and get it perfected and put into an AppImage that anyone can use
Comments / suggestions for improvements are welcomed.
Criticisms not so much ;)
Gambas team , mi coda es su coda :)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the User