[Gambas-user] Gambas setup compile and install script.
g4mba5 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 11:18:49 CEST 2020
Le 14/10/2020 à 03:00, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> But maybe Benoît or someone else has some good arguments against it.
> C'est possible
> Not heard much against it yet mind.
> Mostly good ;)
This script is a welcome idea.
I looked at it quickly, but I'm not very good at reading/writing shell
scripts. Here is a few remarks:
1) I think that it should be able to install Gambas from the "tar.gz"
source archive downloadable from the web site too (it's just the one
generated by GitLab).
2) The name of the script should be all lower case (and good that it
starts with "gambas3-").
3) "sudo make install" already installs the icon, the desktop
launcher... If not, then "make install" should be fixed, instead of
having to do its job inside the script.
4) The log of all commands must not be put in "/dev/null". We need it to
understand what goes wrong if something goes wrong. Everything should be
redirected to a temporary file, that would be available if there is an
5) You must detect if there is already a Gambas installation by running
"gbx3", finding where it is installed to find the Gambas installation
prefix, and then tell the user before aborting the script (unless you
can detect if it was installed by package or manually to remove it, but
I don't think so).
Anyway good job!
More information about the User